The Women's Resource & Action Center and the Council on the Status of Women are accepting nominations for the 2019 Jean Y. Jew Women's Rights Award. The award, given annually by the Council on the Status of Women and the Women's Resource and Action Center, honors a faculty, staff, or student member of the University community who has demonstrated outstanding effort or achievement in improving the status of women at the University. The award will be granted at the Annual Celebration of Excellence and Achievement Among Women on April 10, 2019, at 3:00 pm in the Iowa Memorial Union Second Floor Ballroom. Dr. Jew will be the featured speaker this year.
The deadline to nominate someone for the 2019 Jean Y. Jew Women's Rights Award in February 22, 2019.
Some of the previous Jean Y. Jew Women's Rights Award Recipients include:
- Susan Buckley, Pre-Vocational Training
- Rusty Barceló, Office of the Provost
- Nancy Hauserman, Management & Organizations
- Clara Oleson, UI Labor Center
- Yvonne "Bonnie" Slatton, Sport, Health, Leisure and Physical Studies
- Christine H. B. Grant, Women's Athletics
- Susan R. Johnson, College of Medicine
- Jean Martin, Motor Vehicle Maintenance Service
- Susan Beckett, Engineering Computer Network
- Pat Cain, College of Law
- Chris Brus, WISE
- Rachel Zuckerman, UISG
- Susan Birrell, GWSS
Candidates should have a strong record of support for women's rights in a broad sense, a commitment to women's rights at The University of Iowa, and one or more of the following related to women's rights:
- Particular contributions to The University of Iowa
- Long-standing record of leadership, effort, and activism.
- Accomplishments with national scope or impact
2019 Jean Y. Jew Woman' Rights Award Committee Nomination Form
Please submit nominations to Laurie Haag, WRAC or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than February 22, 2019.Please include the following: this information below, a statement of up to 2 pages explaining the nominee's qualifications for the award, including a list of the nominee's accomplishments, the nominee's current resume or curriculum vita, and up to 3 letters from individuals that elaborate/expand on the nominee's resume or vita.
- PERSON COMPLETING THIS FORM